This is the privacy notice of www.you-cubez.com. In this document, "we", "our", or "us" refer to www.you-cubez.com.
1. IntroductionThis privacy notice aims to inform you about how we collect and process any information that we collect from you, or that you provide to us. It covers information that could identify you (“personal information”) and information that could not. In the context of the law and this notice, “process” means collect, store, transfer, use or otherwise act on information. It tells you about your privacy rights and how the law protects you.
We are committed to protecting your privacy and the confidentiality of your personal information. Our policy is not just an exercise in complying with the law, but a continuation of our respect for you and your personal information.
We undertake to preserve the confidentiality of all information you provide to us, and hope that you reciprocate.
Our policy complies with the Data Protection Act 2018 (Act) accordingly incorporating the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
The law requires us to tell you about your rights and our obligations to you in regard to the processing and control of your personal data. We do this now, by requesting that you read the information provided at http://www.knowyourprivacyrights.org.
Except as set out below, we do not share, or sell, or disclose to a third party, any information collected through our website.
2. Data we processWe may collect, use, store and transfer different kinds of personal data about you. We have collated these into groups as follows:
Your identity includes information such as first name, last name, date of birth, and other identifiers that you may have provided at some time.
Your contact information includes information such as address, email address and any other information you have given to us for the purpose of communication or meeting.
Transaction data includes details about payments or communications to and from you and information about products and services you have purchased from us.
Technical data includes your internet protocol (IP) address, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform and other technology on the devices you use to access this website.
Your profile includes information such as your username and password, purchases or orders made by you, your interests, preferences, feedback and survey responses.
Marketing data includes your preferences in receiving marketing from us; communication preferences; responses and actions in relation to your use of our services.
We may aggregate anonymous data such as statistical or demographic data for any purpose. Anonymous data is data that does not identify you as an individual. Aggregated data may be derived from your personal data but is not considered personal information in law because it does not reveal your identity.
For example, we may aggregate profile data to assess interest in a product or service.
However, if we combine or connect aggregated data with your personal information so that it can identify you in any way, we treat the combined data as personal information and it will be used in accordance with this privacy notice.
3. If you do not provide personal information we needWhere we need to collect personal data by law, or under the terms of a contract we have with you, and you fail to provide that data when requested, we may not be able to perform that contract. In that case, we may have to stop providing a service to you. If so, we will notify you of this at the time.
4. The bases on which we process information about youThe law requires us to determine under which of six defined bases we process different categories of your personal information, and to notify you of the basis for each category.
If a basis on which we process your personal information is no longer relevant then we shall immediately stop processing your data.
If the basis changes then if required by law we shall notify you of the change and of any new basis under which we have determined that we can continue to process your information.
5. Information we process because we have a contractual obligation with youWhen you create an account on our website, buy a product or service from us, or otherwise agree to our terms and conditions, a contract is formed between you and us.
In order to carry out our obligations under that contract we must process the information you give us. Some of this information may be personal information.
We may use it in order to:
- verify your identity for security purposes
- sell products to you
- provide you with our services
- provide you with suggestions and advice on products, services and how to obtain the most from using our website
We process this information on the basis there is a contract between us, or that you have requested we use the information before we enter into a legal contract.
We shall continue to process this information until the contract between us ends or is terminated by either party under the terms of the contract.
6. Information we process with your consentThrough certain actions when otherwise there is no contractual relationship between us, such as when you browse our website or ask us to provide you more information about our business, including our products and services, you provide your consent to us to process information that may be personal information.
We continue to process your information on this basis until you withdraw your consent or it can be reasonably assumed that your consent no longer exists.
You may withdraw your consent at any time by instructing us contact [ at ] you-cubez.com. However, if you do so, you may not be able to use our website or our services further.
7. Information we process for the purposes of legitimate interestsWe may process information on the basis there is a legitimate interest, either to you or to us, of doing so.
Where we process your information on this basis, we do after having given careful consideration to:
- whether the same objective could be achieved through other means
- whether processing (or not processing) might cause you harm
- whether you would expect us to process your data, and whether you would, in the round, consider it reasonable to do so
For example, we may process your data on this basis for the purposes of:
- record-keeping for the proper and necessary administration of our you-cubez.com
- responding to unsolicited communication from you to which we believe you would expect a response
- protecting and asserting the legal rights of any party
- insuring against or obtaining professional advice that is required to manage risk
- protecting your interests where we believe we have a duty to do so
8. Information we process because we have a legal obligationSometimes, we must process your information in order to comply with a statutory obligation.
For example, we may be required to give information to legal authorities if they so request or if they have the proper authorisation such as a search warrant or court order.
This may include your personal information.
Specific uses of information you provide to us
9. Information provided on the understanding that it will be shared with a third partyOur website allows you to post information with a view to that information being read, copied, downloaded, or used by other people.
- posting a message our forum
In posting personal information, it is up to you to satisfy yourself about the privacy level of every person who might use it.
We do not specifically use this information except to allow it to be displayed or shared.
We do store it, and we reserve a right to use it in the future in any way we decide.
Once your information enters the public domain, we have no control over what any individual third party may do with it. We accept no responsibility for their actions at any time.
Provided your request is reasonable and there is no legal basis for us to retain it, then at our discretion we may agree to your request to delete personal information that you have posted. You can make a request by contacting us at contact [at] you-cubez.com
10. Complaints regarding content on our websiteAnyone may register and then publish information about himself, herself or some other person.
We attempt to moderate user generated content, but we are not always able to do so as soon as that content is published.
If you complain about any of the content on our website, we shall investigate your complaint.
If we feel it is justified or if we believe the law requires us to do so, we shall remove the content while we investigate.
Free speech is a fundamental right, so we have to make a judgment as to whose right will be obstructed: yours, or that of the person who posted the content that offends you.
If we think your complaint is vexatious or without any basis, we shall not correspond with you about it.
11. Information relating to your method of paymentPayment information is never taken by us or transferred to us either through our website or otherwise. Our employees and contractors never have access to it.
At the point of payment, you are transferred to a secure page on the website of PayPal or another payment service provider. That page may be branded to look like a page on our website, but it is not controlled by us.
12. Information about recurring PayPal subscriptionsWhen you agree to a recurring PayPal subscription at www.you-cubez.com, you will be charged monthly/yearly depending on your plan. It is your responsibility to manage this recurring subscription.
13. Communicating with usWhen you contact us through our website or by e-mail, we collect the data you have given to us in order to reply with the information you need.
We record your request and our reply in order to increase the efficiency of our business.
We keep personally identifiable information associated with your message, such as your name and email address so as to be able to track our communications with you to provide a high quality service.
14. ComplainingWhen we receive a complaint, we record all the information you have given to us.
We use that information to resolve your complaint.
15. Affiliate and business partner informationThis is information given to us by you in your capacity as an affiliate of us or as a business partner.
It allows us to recognise visitors that you have referred to us, and to credit to you commission due for such referrals. It also includes information that allows us to transfer commission to you.
The information is not used for any other purpose.
We undertake to preserve the confidentiality of the information and of the terms of our relationship.
We expect any affiliate or partner to agree to reciprocate this policy.
Use of information we collect through automated systems when you visit our website
16. CookiesCookies are small text files that are placed on your computer's hard drive by your web browser when you visit any website. They allow information gathered on one web page to be stored until it is needed for use on another, allowing a website to provide you with a personalised experience and the website owner with statistics about how you use the website so that it can be improved.
Some cookies may last for a defined period of time, such as one day or until you close your browser. Others last indefinitely.
Your web browser should allow you to delete any you choose. It also should allow you to prevent or limit their use.
- to track how you use our website
- to keep you signed in our site
17. Personal identifiers from your browsing activityRequests by your web browser to our servers for web pages and other content on our website are recorded.
We record information such as your geographical location, your Internet service provider and your IP address. We also record information about the software you are using to browse our website, such as the type of computer or device and the screen resolution.
We use this information in aggregate to assess the popularity of the webpages on our website and how we perform in providing content to you.
If combined with other information we know about you from previous visits, the data possibly could be used to identify you personally, even if you are not signed in to our website.
Disclosure and sharing of your information
18. Information we obtain from third partiesAlthough we do not disclose your personal information to any third party (except as set out in this notice), we sometimes receive data that is indirectly made up from your personal information from third parties whose services we use.
19. Third party advertising on our websiteThird parties may advertise on our website. In doing so, those parties, their agents or other companies working for them may use technology that automatically collects information about you when their advertisement is displayed on our website.
We do not have control over these technologies or the data that these parties obtain. Accordingly, this privacy notice does not cover the information practices of these third parties.
20. Data may be processed outside the European UnionOur websites are hosted in United Kingdom.
We may also use outsourced services in countries outside the European Union from time to time in other aspects of our business.
Accordingly data obtained within the UK or any other country could be processed outside the European Union.
For example, some of the software our website uses may have been developed in other countries, including but not limited to United States of America.
Control over your own information
21. Your duty to inform us of changesIt is important that the personal data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your personal data changes.
22. Access to your personal informationAt any time you may review or update personally identifiable information that we hold about you, by signing in to your account on our website.
To obtain a copy of any information that is not provided on our website you should contact us to make that request.
After receiving the request, we will tell you when we expect to provide you with the information, and whether we require any fee for providing it to you.
23. Removal of your informationIf you wish to remove personally identifiable information from our website or terminate your account along with all personal information, you should contact us to make your request.
This may limit the service we can provide to you.
24. Verification of your informationWhen we receive any request to access, edit or delete personal identifiable information we shall first take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting you access or otherwise taking any action. This is important to safeguard your information.
25. Use of site by childrenWe do not sell products or provide services for purchase by children, nor do we market to children.
If you are under 18, you may use our website only with consent from a parent or guardian
26. Encryption of data sent between usWe use Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) certificates to verify our identity to your browser and to encrypt any data you give us.
Whenever information is transferred between us, you can check that it is done so using SSL by looking for a closed padlock symbol or other trust mark in your browser’s URL bar or toolbar.
If a dispute is not settled then we hope you will agree to attempt to resolve it by engaging in good faith with us in a process of mediation or arbitration.
28. Retention period for personal dataExcept as otherwise mentioned in this privacy notice, we keep your personal information only for as long as you hold an account with us, for the following purposes:
- to provide you with the services you have requested;
- to comply with other law;
- to support a claim or defence in court.
However, ultimately it is your choice as to whether you wish to use our website.
Last updated 14th August 2020.